Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A bit of what we've been up to

We spent Thanksgiving weekend in Dallas. Christopher is reading to "Lala", Calixto's grandmother. She is just 6 mos younger than Mimi. Her mother lived until 100!
Dec 1st, it was a nice chilly night to go to the Christmas parade. I find it is difficult to get a hat over Catherine's hair!! Maybe ear muffs would be a better idea!Dec 2nd...and yes, another watermelon. This was the last official one of our so called patch, it even survived a few frosty nights!

Trying to get photos by the tree...how frustrating of a task that was!! You can see some of my cross stitch ornaments in the background. The cross stitch was easy but sewing a 4" straight line on the sewing machine was quite horrendous...Isn't that pitiful!
Our tree (sorry the quality of the pic is not so good) I decided to do a red and white tree this year. The "Lowe's" tree is getting a bit dry...not drinking much water...but I think it will make it through Christmas this year!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful kids...beautiful tree! Have a blessed Christmas. Love ya'
Aunt Barb

Pauline said...

I love your tree and the red and white theme. I hear you on getting a photo with the kids. Didn't Mimi's mother also live to 100??? I think I remember her telling me about that and how she hoped she herself wouldn't live that long... Merry Christmas

Bonnie said...

Christopher, what a handsome boy you are! And Catherine you look so warm and snuggly with your hat and coat on! I bet that was fun for both of you to sit and listen to your great grandmother read you stories!!!! What a beautiful Christmas tree! I bet that cross-stitching took a lot of time!

uncle lew said...

it was MiMi's grandmother from the farm that lived to be 96 (and MiMi said she would live that long..at least since i've been in the family)
Kids you look like it's been Christmas and past...and you match
Brenda the tree and the cross stitch look great..your trees always look good...what christmas tree doesn't????
MOMMOM

Anonymous said...

Cristopher and Catherine hyou guys look great. I can't believe that you are picking watermelons in December! The tree looks great also. Uncle Lee

Anonymous said...

Cristopher and Catherine hyou guys look great. I can't believe that you are picking watermelons in December! The tree looks great also. Uncle Lee

The DeLormes said...

What a pretty tree, Brenda! I love it!

Brenda Arce said...

ok the tree is officially dead, crunchy and smelly!!!