Saturday, June 17, 2006

some pictures

Here are a few random pictures...practicing before the last game of the season. We didn't have a winning season but Christopher did a great job and he loved it.Catherine having a party with her bears. I don't know why we spent all that time searching for just the right outfits at Build a Bear Workshop for "Olivia Jane's" clothes...Catherine always takes them off and doesn't dress her again! Last day of swim lessons
At lessons one day an older woman asked me if Catherine was my grand daughter??!! I told her no, she was mine and she pointed out that they had "one" too and pointed to her bi-racial grandson (or great-grandson)! I was so appalled I didn't know what to say!
Catherine has no fear. The instructor took each child down the slide...not Catherine, she went down all by herself! I could not believe it! At the bottom of the slide you drop a couple of feet into the water...she absolutely loved it! Definitely something Christopher would not have done at her age! She is our little thrill seeker. On the plane trip back to Texas we hit a little turbulence and she exclaimed "Weeee!"

6 comments:

uncle lew said...

just how old was this "OLDER WOMAN"and were you appalled at the bi-racial or because she thought YOU old enough to be a grandmother HAHA I think that is funny!!!Just remember my mother was a grandmother at 37 years old..and times are a changing..Catherine you made so much about having clothes for your bear and now you don't dress her?? YES Catherine is a little "dare devil" I bet the people on the plane thought she was funny. Christopher you look real good in your baseball outfit and I bet you will do even better next year in baseball.
miss all of you
LOVE MomMom and PopPop

The DeLormes said...

Brenda, the lady must have been a little off... ") I would have been at a loss for words too!

What cute pictures of the kids! Thanks for sharing them. ")

Pauline said...

I am appalled too! yikes... what did you say??? I am just beside myself that she said that or even thought that.

cute pictures of the kids... That slide looks fun. Christopher looks nice and cool in that water.

Brenda Arce said...

I think the woman had dementia of some sort!! Anyway, I was offended both by her g'mother remark and her remark about Catherine being "one of them".
Rachel your right she and the bear do have similar hair...especially in that picture while her hair was still a little wet!

Earl's Family said...

Brenda,
I know just how you feel. Someone called me Rachel's grandmother when Ray was about 4 years old!! Oh, yes, I was a little older than you, but you still want to smack 'em!
A. Donna

Bonnie said...

Nice swing Christopher!!! Looks like you were haveing a good old time playing ball and swimming! Now you're ready to go swimming for the summer, right?

I thought the same thing Rachel did about Catherines hair! What a cool bear, Catherine! And look at you slide down the water slide!!!!! Wow! I never had that kind of courage at your age!!! Man, and you did it all by yourself!

I never had kids but i sure would be offended if someone thought i was a grandmother as well!! You don't even look old either!!!! She needs to get some new glasses.