Monday, February 25, 2008

What God Says About Anger

He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. ( Proverbs 16:32 )

He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly. (Proverbs 14:29)

A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again. (Proverbs 19:19)

A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.(Proverbs 27:3)

Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry?(Jonah 4:4)

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:(Ephesians 4:26)

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. (Romans 12:19)

But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. (Colossians 3:8)

1 comment:

Pauline said...

My favorite is Romas 12:19. I like how the "vengence is up to the Lord" I always tell myself that when I am upset to remember that that isn't my job, the Lord can handle the consequences, I just need to be right in His eyes.

Great verses