Thursday, June 05, 2008

adoption?

I spoke with a woman from "Loving Alternatives", a christian adoption agency the other day. She felt that given the situation/past with this birth mother that there were many red flags-which Calixto and I had already discussed with one another. I still have not talked with a friend who is a lawyer-they're on vacation-but she has talked with a lawyer she knows. His recommendation was to go ahead and do a private adoption since it is less expensive. But, we feel that she needs the support/information/counseling that an agency can provide. I spoke with her last night and gave her the number to call and speak with the agency. We feel she really needs to have an adoption plan before we sit down with her and talk more. There are 7 months before the baby is born and that leaves a lot of time for things to happen, or for her to re-think the emotional decision she is making now.
So, I think at this point we are going to continue to pray about this and see how God leads all of us! My thought is that we can't be her "savior" in this ordeal and I feel that is how she is viewing us. I can't even think through the situation fully, there is just so much to consider...like teaching in the fall...oh my, thank the Lord that he is in control...not me!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

wow, yes lots to think about. REALLY hard decisions. I will keep praying.

Barbara said...

We will be praying for your decision. We know you are good parents, but we have also seen where an adoption can be a great thing or turn the whole dynamics of the family into turmoil. May God give you real peace as to the decision He wants you to make at this time.