Thursday, January 11, 2007

Happy Birthday!

I have been thinking about this day. This is a good day. I have been thinking about all the great memories of 21 wonderful birthdays spent together. That is a lot of memories. There are memories of all those gifts that had to be the best, But me being me would always be so excited that I would have to give it to him when I got it because I couldn't wait until his birthday. I remember a surprize 30th birthday party where he was really surprized. Dinner out almost every year. I would always tease him about how old he was getting and how much younger I was. Boy he figured out how get me to be older. Anyway this is a good day. I think me and the kids will go out to eat and celebrate this day.
Roni

7 comments:

Pauline said...

I think it is a wonderful idea to all go out and celebrate the great memories you each have!

Barbara said...

I think you should go out and celebrate, too. Bruce would be happy with that.

Brenda Arce said...

Hope you had a good day and a nice celebratory dinner out. The kids and I went to Sonic where we made a toast to Uncle Bruce! Catherine even prayed for him up in heaven. That then led to a discussion about death and heaven. Christopher wants us (mom and dad) to greet him in heaven but he doesn't want us to die before him. Catherine decided she did not want to die and quickly prayed that God would not let her die. Oh, boy what a discussion that was. Thank goodness it was time for "Odyssey" to come on the radio, which allowed me to bring that talk to an abrupt close!!

Roni said...

ok this is the second time to try this post.... We had a very good day. We went to allens to find it closed. We ended up at Red Lobster. We really had a good time laughing and eating. God has really been good to me. He blessed me with some great kids. They are really doing well when they could have very easily gone the other direction. I was thanking him for that just this morning. Cheyenne walked around singing happy birthday to daddy and then saying where's cake?
Roni

Bonnie said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Glad you were able to find a restaurant to eat at and that you all had a good time.

uncle lew said...

wasn't he beautiful in that picture
that's the way I want to remember him and not like at the end. His smile was so beautiful to see because it didn't happen to often but it always made me wonder what he was up to. He could never lie to me because I would just look at him and there was that smile. It ALWAYS got him into trouble. Maybe that's why he TRIED so hard NOT to smile HAHA
JT

Roni said...

Oh yes I remember his smile. Until the end it always had to power to put little butterflies in my stomach. It always made me wonder what was on his mind. It always made me give a smile in return. I miss his smile. It made me feel like I was so special to him.