Friday, January 19, 2007

We finally moved

ok, We're all moved into our new house! We moved on Fri/Sat. Ever since it has been in the 20's and low 30's!! Our house is so very drafty and cold!!! I can't wait for our normal Texas temps to return. Christopher sleeps on his top bunk for maximum warmth and we put a little electric heater in Catherine's room at night, so they stay nice and toasty. I know for some of you these temps are quite balmy, especially when you have 8 degree weather, but for us it is very chilly! Anyway, we are slowly getting into a smooth routine after the move. I am so enjoying our dishwasher!! woohoo I have a dishwasher!! I just got the computer hooked up this morning, it is on the floor but, I feel connected again! Thank the Lord for technology!
We sold our house to a great young couple from our church/LeTourneau. I hope they enjoy their new home as much as we did! Closing went smoothly and they began moving in just as I was sweeping the kitchen floor, the last thing to be done. It was good timing.
Calixto is on a plane right now headed for Philly. He'll be in NJ for the weekend doing orientation for the Mexico team going in Feb. I think he may be preaching on Sunday at Trinity as well. Chip/Karen, he spoke with someone (maybe Martha, I can't remember) from your church and had a great conversation with her. Hmm? We'll see what God has planned?!

3 comments:

Roni said...

It is actually cold here not to. Just a few days ago it was 70 and now it is in the 30s. Glad to hear your move went well.
Roni

Chip and Karen said...

Martha said she really enjoyed the conversation as well. Her husband is an elder and she is currently "mentoring" Karen and another friend. She and her family are just great people. She didn't go into detail, but said that she felt very encouraged by the conversation with Calixto! Enjoy your new home!

Barbara said...

So glad everything is working out. It will be worth it all when you get settled.