Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Anniversary

Well today is my annivesary. What a difference that a year makes. This morning I was reflecting on just exactly what I was doing this day 20 years ago (can you believe it was 20 years ago). With the thought came lots of memories. All good. Memories of wind and rain. Running late and not getting to spend much time getting ready. Getting out of the limo and having my dress nearly blow over my head. Walking down that isle and seeing Bruce standing there waiting.....looking a lot like he was going to pass out. Greeting people in a line that seemed to go on forever and ever. Burnt wedding cake and of course Mr. Frick coming in and dancing forever with Jean. I remember so many of our family and friends coming out to share the day with us. I remember the awe that i had that this great guy loved me and was mine. Everyone saying we were a pair that were going to make it. All good memories.

The memories were all so sweet but what that is missing this year is the pain. I will miss him the rest of my life but life has gone on. God has blessed me with family and new dear friends and church family. God has been so good to me. He has given me so much. He blessed me with 18 years with a man that he had put here just for me. I wonder if Bruce is looking down from heaven today and thinking about me. I am sure if he is he is celebrating the fact that I can look at our memories without pain. That I can remember the joy and excitement that came with that day. The anticpation of starting our life together. We had a good life together. I wouldn't change a thing. I have 4 great kids for him to live on in. I am truly blessed!

Please send me some of your memories from that day. If you can remember back that far........

4 comments:

Pauline said...

can't imagine what its like. You are doing a great job and your strength is always an encouragement. Bruce would be proud of you!

Brenda Arce said...

I was thinking of that cold rainy day too! Wow...20 years ago!
I too remember Mr Frick that day...he kept asking Bill when we were getting married! I'm thinking he was a little tipsy!
I also remember Dana had on a "bunny fur" coat that got all over our faces when we hugged her in the reception line!

Carty Family said...

I can remember Brian catching the bouquette. How funny that was! -Shari

Earl's Family said...

I can't believe I can actually remember the wedding, but I was 7 that year and DO! I was so excited to wear my new bow. BUT, it was the very first wedding I had been to that I still remember and I remember thinking how beautiful that new girl, Ronnie was and how I wanted my wedding dress to look just like hers :)
-BECKY LYNN