Monday, November 05, 2007

Being a Servant


This Past weekend my 3 friends and I (Elizabeth) Helped our Church with their "Couples Retreat". We were sort of like the servants running around helping people with their luggage and helping with dinner, cleaning up, and just making sure everyone had everything they needed. The Church got 2 HUGE houses out on Long Beach Island that would normally cost about $12,000 to rent one and $17,ooo to rent the other for one week. But the people who own them let us use them for free! The one I stayed in was called the "Cast House" and was about 2 blocks from the beach. It was Beautiful! It had 10 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms and each bedroom had a different play as its theme. Here is a few pictures of some of the rooms.
We had so much fun!



This is the "Lion King" room, my friends and I stayed in this one. It had four beds.


This was the "South Pacific" room.


This was the "Oklahoma" room.





This was the "Phantom of the Opera" room. My Favorite! On the ceiling there was a little loft thing with an organ and the phantom peeking over with a HUGE chandalier.




This is the "Cinderella" room. I loved this room, Especially the furniture!






The livingroom.



The kitchen we slaved away in. lol

The beach, there was a storm out at sea that day and the waves were crazy. The water came all the way up to the road that night.


2 comments:

Pauline said...

OH my!!! Isn't it wonderful to be able to do something that amazing for free??? well,, not totally because you worked"). I can't get over those rooms!!!! my favorite is the south pacific one. Totally amazing and way cool.

Bonnie said...

Wow the rooms looks so luxurious!!! I bet that was tons of fun for you guys!