Friday, March 28, 2008

Update on Connie

Thank you for praying for Connie Puryear and her family. Yesterday she went to Dallas for a biopsy of the spot on her lung, the following was written last night...

Dear Warriors, Johnny and I arrived home this afternoon around 4:00 pm. This morning we arrived at Baylor at 6:00 am and were meet with kind nurses and staff. The Doctor informed us that he was not 100% sure he could reach the spot that they had in question. My prayer that morning was that he could indeed reach the spot to avoid another procedure. Anxiety took over me from about 6:30-6:50. I could not stop crying and a friend had prepared my MP3 player with worship music and I began to sing and focus my heart. I quickly found my place of peace again. Right before they wheeled me downstairs Johnny and I again prayed. "This is yours, you can have this spot, and this lung. We will love you no less and will continue to praise you the same." God's goodness and presence were not absent. I remembered dreaming and hearing someone say..."Connie, you are okay." I did not know if it was my conscience that held all the worry or if God was speaking to me in this long dream. I awoke three hours later with Johnny at my side as always. The Doctor came in and repeated - YOU ARE OKAY! He had a pathologist with him during the surgery. He was able to reach the spot and the lymph gland. There was NO cancer!!!!! He said he will continue to check the spot in months to come, but felt confident in the cells that he found. His nurse began to kiss my head, I cried, Johnny cried and the doctor held my hand. Some good news. We needed some encouragement. The surgery for the abdomen still is place, but this keeps things uncomplicated. There are still waters to walk through, but we have been given a hug breath in this storm. The ride home was great. I felt just as good coming home as I did going yesterday. I have not been sick at all...I FEEL GREAT!!!! Praise the Lord with us - today is a great celebration and we are still singing.

2 comments:

Earl's Family said...

Yes, Brenda God is so good. He is beyond good and still heals! I for one have prayed for Connie, and ask that you tell her of prayer for her here in Maryland. Thank you for giving me the privilege to pray for one so trusting.
"Ole" Uncle Earl

Barbara said...

Praise the Lord!