Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Fall Fun!

Saturday our church had a family fun day at the farm. The weather was nice and cool especially after the sun set. Usually it is still hot, so it was a treat to actually have fall weather for our big fall event! Here is Catherine dressed as a "cowboy-girl"! Her cowboy hat didn't fit anymore so we had to improvise with a plain ole straw hat!
Here we are carving our pumpkins...as you can see cleaning it out is not Christopher's favorite thing to do!
I'm not sure Catherine actually did any work on her pumpkin but at least we got a picture of her hand inside, pretending to clean it out!
Our finished products! We usually carve pumpkins and make caramel apples the same evening but, we kind of ran out of time and now we have no apples as they were eaten and the caramels are still in the pantry!! I'll have to buy more apples and make them sometime...before Christmas, I hope.Catherine just loved "burning her pumpkin" She wanted it lit everynight. We did for a few nights until we ran out of candles.
Our house buying is still moving along, we don't know when closing will be yet, most likely the beginning of December. On another note check out www.ashleysstory.org baby Ashley had a multiple organ transplant and has not been doing so well over the last few days. Please pray for this precious baby and family!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

I like the carvings... so perfect! The caramel apples sound yummy too. I can relate to running out of candles. The kids always want them lit.

The DeLormes said...

Very, very cute, Brenda!!! I love the kids' work. ")

Totally off the subject... but that built in china closet behind Christopher in the photo is very very nice! I love the blue and white dishes in there too!

Bonnie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! :-)

Earl's Family said...

You guys are soooo blessed. Your kids are beautiful. You make me jeaolous with all the pumkin carving, fall things at church and just doing things with your kids. I guess I get some what sentamental at times when I remember our girls when they were Christopher and Katherine's ages.
Keep it up! You're doing a great job.

Love,

"Ole" Uncle Earl

Brenda Arce said...

Thanks Cyndi...at first I didn't really like the built-in cabinet but I since have grown to really like it. The dining area is so small I'm not able to fit any kind of cabinet so this worked out great. The dishes are from our various trips to Mexico...quite cheap too! The blue and white don't match the gold and burgandy(ish) colors of my curtains and chairs but it looks nice with the gold wall color.

uncle lew said...

Catherine..you pumpkin is so cute you did a good job with the carving.
Christopher..yours looks kind of scarey..but it's nice too.
GREAT JOBS and no one got cut huh??
Maybe your watermelons just needed more water with all that hot weather you had.
Maybe next year you need to plant them earlier.
MomMom