Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Camp Wounds

Well Last week me and Cody went to summer camp.... And of course we had tons of fun hangin with friends, playing sports, swimming, and listening to great preaching!

But my (Elizabeth) Camp week didnt start off to wonderful... I'll start of by explaining that in order for the girls to get up to thier rooms they have to practically climb Mt. Everest. We have to climb an almost vertical road( and when it rains it is very slippery) and then climb 2 sets of stairs...With ALL our bags and pillows and Blankets ect...

Well I safely carried up all my luggage (2 Suitcases, a sleeping bag, and pillow) And me and my friends Sami and Christina were calmly walking down the stairs to get back down, Now I had nothing in my hands, it wasnt raining, and there were no supernatural occurances that would make my decent at all dangerous... AND I had only been at camp for maybe 2 hours... Well anyway we were going down the stairs and there was one step left, ONE! only one left!!! and for some reason my ankle just decided to give out, at a wonderful moment... and i fell...down ONE step, onto the concrete and into a hole where the water would run out of the gutter...

Well i got up thinking all was good... I was laughing it off and then i saw Sami and Christinas faces and i looked down and there was blood EVERYWHERE! I had scraped a good percentage of the skin on my legs off, took a big chunk of skin off 2 of my toes and i couldnt feel my foot!! BECAUSE OF ONE STEP!!!!! Well anyway they ran down to get my youth pastor so he could get the car and drive me down to the nurses station, and i hobbled up 2 flights of stairs to my room so i could get some of the blood off me ( I left a blood trail, lol).... Well yea, that was the great excitement of my summer camp adventure... when we got to the nurse guys place i didnt tell him about my ankle because i really really really didnt want to go to the hospital... so i just ommited that little bit of information...So i enjoyed the rest of my week gimping around on a busted foot...but i still had fun!!!

I felt kinda stupid though because whenever anyone asked me what happened (because my legs looked pretty gruesome) I couldnt be like "Well, i feel out of a 70 foot tree!" or " Yea i was walking through the woods and a great grizzly came and mauled me!" no my answer was "Well, i fell down ONE step!!!"...


And to make matters worse... I was told that day that someone had told my Mom, because my phone had no service... but no.. My mom found out like 4 days later after it was passed along through everybody else and thier grandma, And im sure once it got to my mom she probably did think i got mauled by a bear... But no, I fell down one step.
Sorry for the lack of pictures... lol



Cody and his friend caught sleeping on the ride home...
My foot!




Me!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

OUCH!!!! you described that really well... I can picture it all. SO sorry for the fall and on the first day of camp...bummer. Glad you got to enjoy anyway. I LOVE that last picture of you!!!!

Brenda Arce said...

Gizzard...wish I could have heard that first hand...sorry, I missed your call or I'm sure I would have! Hope the leg is ok now! guess you take after your mom on that one...not me. Although I did step off the last bleacher and twist my ankle at a concert...of course I had to act cool, like nothing had happened, all the while I wanted to writh on the floor in pain, I think I was trying to impress some guy (in my single days, of course!)...oh how sad! It took a while to heal too!How is the great cat hunt coming? I had to take Chessie to the vet again today. She has an ear infection that the Rx didn't take care of, she has a rash everywhere and she is losing all her hair, I think it is called "blowout", mama dogs get it often where they just lose all their hair, those pups are sucking the life out of her!! ok, enough about me...I'll try to call you later~

Roni said...

Booda, I actually am not clumsy at all!! I promise!!! I never really have been... it was just a fluke in my system, a body motor error, completely not my fault!!It was kinda like a "Blonde moment" for my foot! lol! My ankle must have been holding something against me for something i did in the past, and decided to seek revenge at the worst possible moment!

Brenda Arce said...

Calixto's foot is wrapped in an ace bandage too~ He stepped into a hole in a client's yard...oops!