Thursday, June 07, 2007

Graduation

Well she has officially graduated. Here are some picture and her speech under them.




create your own slideshow


Before anything else I would like to thank God, for his patience, forgiveness, and grace. And for the blessings he has given me.


I would also like to thank my parents. Even though my dad is no longer here, I would like to thank him for grounding my family in Christ, and for everything he has taught me, which I will keep in my heart throughout my life. And if my Dad where here right now, I know he would be proud and happy that I actually made it through high school.


And to my mom I owe lots of thanks. Not only for loving and supporting me but also for standing strong even when times got rough. My mom has not only been my mother, but also my teacher in and out of school, and without her I would be nothing.


I also want to thank Pastor Erickson and his family. They have always been there for my family and all of them have been a great influence in my life. I could never ask for a better Pastor. I consider the Erickson’s my “Second Family”. I know that if anything where to go wrong they would be there for me.


I would like to thank all the teachers who have had their hand in who I am today. I am thankful that not only were they my teachers but that they were also my friends.

And last but definitely not least I would like to thank my friends. They have always been there for me and supported me throughout my Dad’s bout with cancer. Without them I’m not sure where I would be right now. I am thankful that God has given me such amazing friends who have always been a great influence on me.


I can remember the first day of kindergarten like it was just yesterday, and now I am graduating high school. These past 13 years flew by so fast. And even though I am a bit reluctant about the future, I know that with God I am ready to start the next chapter in my life…..

5 comments:

Brenda Arce said...

Way to go Dit-Dit!! That speech was not "dumb" it was very good. I'm sure it was just a typo that "I thank and love my Aunt Booda for adding to who I am today" wasn't written in the speech...I know it was in your heart though ;) If you think the years flew by...they flew even faster for us!!
Those milestones are difficult but, Praise God that His grace is sufficient!!
Wish I could have been there! Love you Gizard, have fun Saturday!

Brenda Arce said...

I bet your mother cried a river over your speech..I know I did just reading it..Your daddy would have been so very proud of you that you have turned out to be a beautiful young lady ready to step out into the world with the Lord by your side..just stand fast to HIS teaching.
have fun on Saturday and take alot of pictures for me to see when I get home.
LOVE
MomMom and PopPop

Pauline said...

Very nice Elizabeth, you look fantastic and I loved your speech too. You have lots of fun times ahead and I am sure you are looking forward to new routine and new "chapter" in your life. May God bless you and be with you in all your days ahead.

Carty Family said...

Your speech was beautiful. I know your dad is smiling down. Shari

Barbara said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth. We are proud of you. We pray that God will continue to direct you and show you what His will is for your life. Keep faithful to Him!
Love, Uncle Lee & Aunt Barb