Friday, October 28, 2005


Catherine went to one of her favorite places today...the Doctor's office! She asks almost daily if she can go to the Doctors?! Today she went for her 3 year check-up. She is exactly "average" in height and weight!! Dr. Herbeck is always amazed at her growth and physical health considering her start in life, Praise the Lord!
She also received a vaccination and unlike her brother she did not flinch, squirm or utter a peep. When she was finished she simply said "Can I have my sticker now?" The nurse and I just broke out into laughter and she commented that Christopher and Catherine are like night and day. You see, the nurse and I worked up a sweat as we had to physically lay on top of Christopher as he kicked and screamed and thrashed about for her to give him his vaccinations when he was 4 yrs old. It was horrendous!! The nurse always gives me a little chuckle when she sees us coming. Catherine is a tough little girl though, unless of course I am combing her hair than it is a whole different matter!

4 comments:

uncle lew said...

WAY to go Catherine...show that brother how to be BRAVE when getting those nasty shots. You are so cute..I hope the nurse gave you two stickers for being such a big girl.
Now I know that you sit so good to have your hair combed and it takes a long time to comb so tell mommy YOU ARE A VERY GOOD GIRL
LOVE MomMom

Brenda Arce said...

yep, she did get 2 pony stickers!The Dr couldn't believe how happy and sweet she was. As he walked out of the room he was telling the nurse how good she was!
A woman stopped me the other day and comented on her Cat.'s hair. She has a mixed daughter too she told me. She suggested I use "Fro so soft"...funny name...but I'll give it a try!

Pauline said...

I should mail you this amazing conditioner that untagles any hair! Its Brasilian and not only for curly hair... my friend here loves it and has similar curls. Next time I go to newark, Ill get it for you. Brianna had long hair that tangled easy... she loved "neutrox" because it didn't hurt to comb out.

The DeLormes said...

Catherine, you are such a cutie! I love your picture! Good job on being a good girl at the doctor's office.