Saturday, October 22, 2005

What's for dinner?

Does anyone remember the sour cream apple pie that Mimi used to make for family gatherings? I loved it and had my mom send the recipe some time ago. I am making it now, it smells wonderful! (I hope it turns out wonderful too)
This is the first night that I have actually made a real dinner since we came home a month ago...we have been way too busy! I am making pot roast and I must share this delicious recipe with all of you. It is called "To die for crock-pot-roast" and is so easy to make.

Place a roast (3 or more lbs) in a crock-pot
Mix together a packet of Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
a packet of brown gravy mix
Put this on top of the roast
Pour 1/2 Cup of water around the roast
Let cook on Low for 6-8 hours

It has become one of Calixto's favorites.
Hope everyone is having a great day out there. Autumn has finally come to East Texas...yeah! It has been around 75 degrees all day. Of course the sun was still pretty intense on the soccer field but, how refreshing today has been!!

7 comments:

uncle lew said...

i know you were at the soccor game but ater 5 is to late to think of dinner...pork roast with sour kraut and mashed potatoes..for dessert hot cranberry-apple pie with ice cream....sounds good ...let us know when it will be done and we will all be over..MOM

Barbara said...

Sounds good, Brenda. I'm going to try it ! I bet the smell is great, too!

Pauline said...

mmmmmm... I'm trying that one real soon! I am looking for more crock-pot meals that the kids will actually eat.

Earl's Family said...

Ooh! Thank you! I am always looking for new slow cooker recipes. Also, I LOVED that apple pie of Mimi's. Could you post that too? I made it once when I was about 12 or so......but it would be nice for Thanksgiving this year since I am hosting it at my house.....first year with a turkey too. Thanks, Brenda! (BECKY)

Tom Thompson said...

I love coming home to the wonderful smell of supper cooking! We use our crockpot a lot. I can imagine it now. I'll be out Tuesday and I think I will try your recipe. I would love your apple pie recipe. Tom has been enjoying peach pie from some summer Colorado peaches that I froze.

The DeLormes said...

girl, you made me hungry!

Bonnie said...

Mimi used to make a special dish? I'd LOVE to try it out and see what everyone is raving about!!!! would you post the apple pie recepe? I have a crock pot too and can't wait to try out this pot roast! Thanks for sharing it! I'm soooo hungry now and it's not even lunch yet. :-)