Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mimi Update

I went and saw Mimi this afternoon. She is about the same I would say. She woke up when i came in so I talked with her a while. I asked her if she wanted me to read to her and she said yes, so I read the Bible to her for a while. She hates to let go of your hand. Hospice stopped in today. We kind of bypassed a lot of red tape because Lew has some people from hospice in his church. They went there instead of waiting for all the steps at the nursing home. The nursing home usually calls them after a huge process. I am told that it can take quite a long time for them to get in there so Praise God they should be in there soon. The nurse told Tom today that it could be a week or less. It seems that everyone gets home from their travels on Monday. Lew and Jean are in Oklahoma, Earl is in Ohio and Tom is going to Chips in Boston. Keep up the prayers and I will keep updating.
Roni

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the updates Roni!

Pauline said...

Thank you for updating. We'll keep praying for her. So glad hospice can come sooner for her. keep us posted

Bonnie said...

You were saying how she holds your hand not wanting to let go. Do she recognize you or is she not wanting to be alone?